Monday, May 10, 2010






Steve ran (and finished) his first half marathon. He came in at 2 hours and 8 minutes. The race was at Thanksgiving Point and since they gave all the participants and their family passes to the gardens for being in the race, I made him walk around for a good 3 or 4 more hours later that day. I know, too bad he didn't marry a nice wife. Of course it was the busiest Saturday we have ever had starting with his race at 7:00am, which we wanted to see him finish, so we got over there at about 9:15 and waited to see him come in about 15 minutes after we got there. Then, I had to get back to the community center where I work twice a week in trade for Mikayla and Zachary's gymnastics tuition. Next, it was back to back soccer games for the 2 older kids followed by the trip to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point, The Dinosaur Museum and Farm Country. What a fun-filled day of stress. We had a great time with the family, but I hope some Saturday I wake up and say "Hmmm, what should I do today?"

3 comments:

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

Steve, I'm sorry my sister doesn't ever give you a break. I demand the rest of the day off if I even half to walk to the mailbox and back. Congrats on the half marathon.

Emily said...

Way to go Steve! Just thinking about a half marathon makes me want to take a nap. And Amber--cute hair! I miss my stylists. Also, my legs are just as white as yours, and I always think I need to do something about it. But who has time?! Now I don't feel so bad! ;)

Char and Chris said...

Way to go Steve. That's impressive. Sounds like you have packed WAY too many things in one day Amber Style!